Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Multi-tasking

The act of doing more than one thing at a time.  I've always pretty much done that. I've worked the majority of my adult years in office settings and for a short time I owned my own needlework shop. Now that I'm a caregiver for my mother, staying at home, multi-tasking has taken on a whole new face.

Running the dishwasher, laundry and vacuum at the same time (sure is noisy!) but gets three things done at once. As does holding my cat, who wants to be everywhere I am, while I look through the Wednesday sale paper to make sure I don't miss any bargains or coupons at the grocery.

Other days I spend wondering how I could have ignored all the dust accumulating with the two cats and bird.  It was easier to just not "see" it when I had already put in 9 hours somewhere else.  I ordered refills for my swiffer duster - a really BIG box!

Off to start the chicken gizzards boiling for my moms lunch (yes she loves them) and the roast in the crock pot for dinner, while I send the dryer into another round to "touch up" the load I left in there last evening.  Ahhhh the "busy-ness" of ordinary days :)
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment